Pharmacy Quality Scheme 2020/21
A new Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS) for the first part of 2020/21 was announced on 13th July 2020. The focus of the scheme is ensuring community pharmacy contractors and their teams have put in place all reasonable measures to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, protecting both themselves and the people using their services.
This scheme and the second part of PQS in 2020/21, which is being developed for the second half of the year, replace the original 2020/21 scheme that PSNC had agreed with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I), and which, prior to the start of the pandemic, had been due to commence in April 2020.
A few important points to note:
- Claims can be made anytime from 14.7.2020 to 29.1.2021 via MYS at the NHS BSA.
- If you claim by 5.8.2020 you should be paid on 1.9.2020
- You have to claim for completion of the whole checklist – there is no payment for completing part of it
- This Part 1 of PQS will be funded by £18.75m so each contractor that completes it will receive £1630
- Details of Part 2 of PQS are expected soon (likely to start 1.10.2020) and will be funded by £56.25m. Any money from Part 1 PQS not claimed by contractors will be re-allocated into Part 2.
- THE COMPLETION OF PART 1 PQS IS A GATEWAY REQUIREMENT TO PART 2 PQS